This is a fun game to play in your middle school ministry or youth group.
Jelly Belly Spin Off is designed as an Easter game (but can be tweaked for any time of the year) and is one of the many resources in our newly released pack of Easter Games & Object Lessons.
The pack includes 15 awesome Easter games & 15 engaging Easter object lessons. The perfect resource for midweek services or to fill in the holes of all your Easter programming.
Now, here’s the Jelly Belly Spin Off game….
Bible: “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” John 14:15 (ESV)
The object of this game is for the students to sit in groups of 6-8 and they will spin the Jelly Belly spinner and each color/flavor of jellybean represents a different command that they have to do. This game can be pointed back to the fact that Jesus came to die on the cross for our sins because He loves us. Jesus often spoke on being obedient to God and obeying His commands.
- Twister game spinner with Jelly Belly flavors printed and taped onto the spinner (go to www.jellybelly.com for a list of flavors)
- Bowl of Jelly Belly’s (1 per group)
- Dry erase board or poster board
- Set out 1 bowl of Jelly Belly’s per group
- Set out 1 Jelly belly spinner per group
- Dry erase board or poster board with commands written down for students to see what they have to do for each flavor of Jelly Bean
How to Play:
Explain to students that they will be put into small groups with the Jelly Belly Spinner in the middle of their circle. Each color represents a different command that they have to follow. Just like Jesus says in John 14:15, “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” Students are also allowed to collect and eat the jellybeans after they are done spinning.
List of Commands (leader can choose which flavors they want to use):
- Pat your head and rub your stomach 20 times.
- Do 10 jumping jacks.
- Give 10 people high fives within the classroom.
- Stare at someone in the room very awkwardly for 15 seconds without saying anything.
- Rap about God for 20 seconds.
- Yell loudly, “I like stinky armpits!”
- Stand up and show your best dance moves.
- Smell someone’s shoe/foot in your group.
- Note: Feel free to come up with your own list
John 14:15 says, “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.”
Jesus reminds us in this scripture that we are to listen to the Holy Spirit and obey God’s commands. When Jesus is saying this, He is telling His disciples and all believers that we will find comfort from God’s blessings through obedience as opposed to the world’s temporary pleasures. He is also giving us a sweet reminder that even though He would die, we would never be alone because we would always have the Holy Spirit to guide us. How are you going to obey God this week? Even though you might not be going around yelling to the world, “I like stinky armpits!” God might have you go talk to that kid that sits alone at lunch. Be obedient to what God wants you to do. Be obedient to your parents and teachers. Be an example of what Christ’s love does in your life.
If you liked this game, be sure to check out….
Our new pack of Easter Games & Object Lessons.